How long do we keep your personal data for?
- The period for which we keep your personal data usually depends on the purpose for which your information was collected in the first place
- We have data retention policy that sets out the different periods we retain personal data for in accordance with our duties under Data Protection Law.
- The criteria we use for determining relevant data retention periods are based on:
- Whether we need to keep data to comply with a contract obligation, deal with any potential claims or to enforce our rights (usually the limitation period for dealing with any claims under a contract is 6 years);
- Various legislative requirements (for example, duties under tax law to hold financial transaction details and accounting records);
- The purpose for which we collected that personal data and where we have identified a continued legitimate need to hold that personal data to serve such purpose (keeping a record of provenance in respect of artworks); and
- Guidance issued by relevant regulatory authorities under Data Protection Law.
Personal data that we no longer need to hold is securely disposed of and/or anonymised, so you can no longer be identified from it.